Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On Omeka

I believe there is a way for me to feedback to Omeka.net.

I thought there should be a window pop-up or something similar to prompt users that the page is expiring and whether users wish to continue working on it; somewhat similar to what online banking websites usually do. What happened was this...I was working on the Dublin Core page and when I decided to save the changes, the page expired on me, and I lost all my inputs! The Dublin Core page requires lots of work to be done on it, it is likely that people will get carried away working on it. It does not help that the save button only appears right at the end of the page with no reminder to save the work intermittently. Worst, the page expires and just logs users out without warning and users had to start all over again. Not too intelligent a design.

On the same note, since the Dublin Core page is such a long page with so many fields, there should be something that functions like a content page link or a drop-down box that showcases all the fields on that page. These list should have the ability to bring users directly to any of the fields, instead of having users to scroll up and down looking for a particular field.

No comments:

Post a Comment