Thursday, June 17, 2010

I experienced an epiphany...

I heard from Kate in class 2 days ago about the things she had to go through; I told Jeff over lunch yesterday how I could empathize with Kate. We were lamenting a little about responsibilities of being "grown-ups", how the problems are universal and transcend countries and cultures - everyone has to make a living, needs a roof over our head, has to fulfill obligations in the multiple roles an average adult takes on.

Today, I am moved by this epiphany that I am extremely lucky. Back home, I was bound by responsibilities at work, at home, as an employee, a daughter, a wife, a daughter-in-law, a sister, a friend and a colleague, but luckily not yet a mother! I have excellent and understanding family and friends who loves me, but obligations in these roles are inevitable. Am I taking life too seriously? Well, I am not sure. To make things worst, my mind is always greedy for too many things - always on a lookout for business ideas, ideals of solving problems at work, writing a book, creating stuff for self-satisfaction, ideals that I cannot always fulfill. I am glad to be where I am now, as a student, I need only to be accountable to myself and I think the school's schedule is making me slow down a little with other desirous thoughts. I just killed a chimerical idea of trying to supply micro fiber cloths to Giant Eagle when I saw how expensive those things can be in this part of the world. Guess what?! I was actually surfing the net for suppliers for micro fiber cloths and amazed at how convenient it is to be connected to global suppliers worldwide now with the internet! Then I thought I better stop dreaming and wasting time, and get back to work!

Anyway, I am reveling in my freedom now...I count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment